Welcome to the website for the 18th annual Winter Seminar hosted by the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science-Colorado (ASCLS-CO) and St. Mary’s Hospital in Grand Junction!
The seminar provides continuing education and social opportunities for laboratory professionals that reside on the western slope and throughout the state of Colorado and Wyoming. Various speakers are invited each year to provide continuing education sessions in management and technical topics related to the laboratory profession. The event also provides opportunities for attendees to get to know one another and to share ideas related to our profession.
The seminar will be held on Friday, January 19th, 2018 on the 5th floor Saccomanno Education Center of the hospital.
This year we are attempting to go as paperless as possible. Paper programs, registration forms and handouts will not be printed this year. The program and handouts will be available through the linked Winter Seminar Dropbox folder. You will also be able to access the documents from the “Session Handouts” tab located on the menu bar above.
Our online registration process is being handled through EZ Register which allows for credit card payments only. We are encouraging everyone to use the online registration process since our registration personnel (me!), are limited for time the morning of the event. By registering online, you are also helping with the planning of meals and breaks.
Although the online registration will close on Jan 14th, we will still accept walk-ins the day of the seminar. At the seminar, attendees that haven’t pre-registered online will be able to pay by cash, check (made payable to ASCLS-CO) or credit card via Square. Please email Tracy Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not able to register online early.
- 7:30 – 8:00 Registration
- 8:00 – 8:30 Continental and Meet and Greet
- Morning Sessions (3 CE’s)
- 8:30 – 9:30: Session 1: Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback, Tom Huntley, MT(ASCP), sponsored by Mayo Clinic
- 9:45 -10:45: Session 2: Patient Focused Customer Service, Tom Huntley, MT(ASCP), sponsored by Mayo Clinic
- 11:00 – 12:00: Session 3: Applying ‘Just Culture’ Concepts toward a Laboratory Quality Control Program, Yvette Poitras, MHA, MLS(ASCP)CM
- 12:00 – 1:00: Lunch
- Afternoon Sessions (3 CE’s)
- 1:00 – 2:30: Session 4: The Sustainable Laboratory: Perspectives on Laboratory Outreach, Suzanne Carasso, MBA, MT(ASCP), sponsored by ARUP Laboratories
- 2:45 – 4:15: Session 5: Survival of the Fittest: Transforming Your Lab from Cost to Value Center, Suzanne Carasso, MBA, MT(ASCP), sponsored by ARUP Laboratories